Security is currently one of the most highly spoken about topics in the news today. It is a subject that touches our very lives, affecting our homes, offices and the very root of society. Here are just a few of the many ways security affects you:
It is a well established fact that we have become quite reliant on technology in the business world. Just unplug a computer, or loose an internet connection, and you will see what I mean. We have grown to rely on email, web sites, and online services such as banking, purchasing and investments. A healthy business will have a good strategy to deal with the unexpected, making it more secure. So ask yourself the following questions:
- Have I protected my network and is there a quality Firewall in place?
- Am I prepared for an Internet Service outage? What if my ISP has a failure, or goes out of business, do I have a backup plan?
- Do I have a Virus and Malware abatement strategy? Am I running a quality software to help keep me safe?
- Do I have a policy in place to help guide my employees in computer use?
- What would I do if I were to loose my business, and computers, by fire or theft? Do I have a business continuity plan in place?
- Am I in compliance with the laws and standards of my area and industry?
Security should be one of your top concerns, contact us today.
In the world of today we have plenty to be concerned about on our home computers. Online predators and thieves seem to be everywhere and the problem is getting worse. Unfortunately, many families have left the back door to there home unlocked. Is your home safe?
- Do you have a firewall in place? What about virus protection?
- Do your children know how to avoid online predators? Do they stay away from download and Wares sites? Do they share too much information online?
- Where is your home computer located? Do your children have personal computers in the privacy of there own rooms?
- Do you have a backup of your valuable data, including digital family photos, just in case of a hard drive crash or even a fire?
- Have you attended an Internet Safety for Kids class?
The bottom line is that every computer should be protected by Anti-virus and, if the computer or data is imporntant, should be protected by a good quality backup solution. Security should be one of your top concerns, contact us today.